Ever the romantic, Brian proposed to me overlooking Independence square in Kiev, Ukraine after spending the day in Chernobyl! He took me there for my birthday and I had no idea – I think the first out of my mouth were
“WHAT THE FUCK!”.
Olga – MrsRedhead Photography – was an absolute pleasure to have from start to finish.
She was easy to deal with in the lead up to our wedding and she was so much fun on the day. She has a really natural approach to wedding photography which is what we wanted and we were blown away by the pictures she captured for us. An absolute treasure of a find.
Because Covid kept so many of us apart for so long, it was just so special having our closest friends and family under one roof, and watching our different friendship groups mingle.
Also, after losing my sister just a few weeks before the wedding, having such small numbers made my family and I feel so wrapped up in love and support.
We wanted all our guests to feel like they were on holidays in a cosy place after the craziness of the last 18 months with Covid. We wanted to be able to sit back and take in every little moment and to spend time with our guests who had made such efforts to be there with travel etc.
Hotel Doolin was the only place we viewed and we just knew it was for us. It was actually set up for a wedding the day I went to view it with my parents, Brian couldn’t come but trusted me with the viewing (thankfully!).
It was about 2 weeks before the pandemic hit and it was a really stormy day. We went into the barn and it was so beautifully decorated and Dora was actually warming up to perform (we booked her based on seeing her that day!) and my mom and I just looked at each other and welled up. They were the most incredible team to deal with from start to finish, could not recommend them more.
We met on a grimey sticky dancefloor in a nightclub in Manchester – I was studying there and Brian was visiting some friends in Manchester from Qatar.
We spent the night together and parted ways the next morning.
We had our first date in Dublin airport 2 days after this as we crossed paths in the airport and I bought Brian his first Guinness. We kept in touch over the next few months, travelling to places together and the long distance wasn’t really working out. Then Brian came to his senses and followed me to the UK and we have been living in Liverpool for 4 years!
We decided to wait with planning our honeymoon until early 2022 with all the covid travel restrictions so we are currently planning some ideas. We are thinking maybe Kenya in Jan/Feb for a safari.
If you have any children or pets that feature a lot in your wedding images feel free to let us know who they are if you don’t mind them being mentioned if we use their photo. The only pet in the photos is my parents dog Bobby – 100% my Dad’s favourite child!
Photographer: MrsRedhead of course 🙂
Venue : Hotel Doolin
Locations organised by Olga : Cliffs Of Moher & Guerins Path, Doonagore Castle and more!
Brian’s morning preparations photographed by Aleksandra skibniewska
- Bridesmaids dresses/Groomsmen suits/Wedding party outfits:ASOS for the girls, Next for the boys, H&M for flower girls/junior bridesmaid and page boy
- Shoes: river island sale for Maria (£10!) and Amazon for Brian
- Accessories: Seoidin in Ennis for Maria’s earrings
- Flowers: The Flower Den in Barefield
- Cake: Hotel Doolin
- Cars: my Dad drove me in his own car 🙂 Glynns took the bridal party in their luxurious mini van!
- Wedding Favours: small bottles of whiskey from Molloys.ie and the little tags were £6 from Amazon
- Stationery: mix of Amazon and Etsy
- Makeup: @MakeupbyLaura (instagram) – Laura Ryan from Ennis. Brian went au naturellll 🙂
- Hair: @theupstylegirl (instagram) Chloe Cornu from ennis
- Wedding Rings: Ernest Jones (Liverpool)
- Ceremony/Reception Music: Ceremony – Dora Gola, reception – a trad trio arranged by Hotel Doolin
- Band/DJ: Band – The Midnight Revellers, DJ – arranged by Hotel Doolin
- Planning/Styling: Riona from @ri_weddings_and_events (instagram)